Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Project Management - E-Learning Projects

This post is not related to the MGUIDE project, but to the work I did at Middlesex University. Most of the modules I taught there were project based. Usually I had to guide several groups of students (20-30 students) into the design and development of projects.  A particular project had to do with the design and implementation of  e-learning games for autistic children. Each of my students was given a case study describing the requirements of the particular autistic children (as these were captured from the teachers of the children, like for instance, that the children needs help in understanding emotion expressions), and had to produce a game under my guidance. The game was hen sent to the relevant school for full-scale evaluation. Each semester I usually ended up marking 100-200 games with at least 80% of them being top class. Below is an example of the projects produced under my guidance. All material is copyrighted by Middlesex University so please ask before you copy anything:

All multimedia elements (including designs) have been produced by my students using Adobe Photoshop. The tools needed for the game development along with best practice techniques, were discussed in detail in the class by myself.

Copyright by Middlesex University – Please do not copy

Each game was evaluated in the class (by myself and the students). The games were then sent to the schools for formal evaluation by the children and their teachers. Below is a sample of the heuristic evaluation that was performed in the class:

Evaluation comments

Negative Comments

Positive Comments

Background

First scene using a suitable background and clearly stating your own title for the topic and clear instructions

   

Text

A variety and clear use of Text (Spelling and Grammar?) Too small – Too large – not clear- inappropriate words used

   

0 comments:

Post a Comment