Thursday, May 6, 2010

Videos – Prototype 3

Below is a link to a video from the third prototype of the MGUIDE project. The guide’s task is to provide navigation instructions based on photographs of landmarks shown in her background. The only draw back of the video is the lost of Simon's lip-syncing and smooth animations due to the limitations of the screen capture software, that had trouble to handle everything at the same time. I will use a video camcorder to show a user in action once I will begin the evaluation of the system.

On the UMPC device I get 35 FPS, which is impressive if you think about the hardware limitations. The only way to get the FPS that high, is to have the face-detection module of the system on at all times. Although this should have had the opposite effect (i.e., to decrease the fps) for a very strange reason it boosts the engine’s FPS to maximum. Without the face-detection I am getting 4-10 FPS. I am not sure why it happens but I am glad it does.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment